Criteria for Inclusion
Materials have been selected for inclusion in the review process based on the criteria below. As this is intended to be an ongoing activity, materials that have not been included in the initial review may be selected for review in the future.
The material is designed for use (or can be easily adapted for use) with youth ages 15-24, in one or more of the following categories:
- Out-of-school youth
- Youth in developing countries
- Domestic youth from diverse backgrounds
- Youth with varying degrees of literacy
Key Content Areas
The material focuses on at least one of the following areas:
- Work Readiness (includes "soft skills" and employability skills)
- Technical Skills (competency-based)
- Life Skills (as related to work preparedness)
Each reviewed curriculum includes a facilitators' guide and a participant manual or workbook. Other materials, such as reports, are also presented.
Materials developed for use in the United States or another developed country should be relevant and adaptable to the developing world.
The materials are useful for other projects and countries.